LEARN ABOUT MAKEX, mBOTS, MAKEBLOCK, TECHLABS
Information for new students and schools:
- SIGN-UP: Let us know you are interested and use our no commitment online sign-up form.
- TRAIN: Educate students about MakeX, providing them the knowledge and skills needed to compete. TechLabs has the resources, programs for students (MakeX Labs) and program for educators (curriculum content) that get students competition ready! More information for training is below.
- COMPETE: Swiss MakeX competitions will be small and regional for 2020 due to the Coronavirus pandemic and associated health guidelines. Students can compete to be event Champions in either:
- Institution/School supported competition: Small local competitions formatted to suite individual institutional needs, or
- Regional events: TechLabs sponsored regional competitions. Eligibility for participation in these events will vary because of health guidelines and venue requirements.
WEBINAR: Introduction to MakeX, mBots and Makeblock
Stay tuned for and watch our Informational Video that explains all about mBots, MakeX, Makeblock and how the product platforms used for the MakeX competitions provide superior value in the STEM robotics arena. This video will be released very shortly.
Informational Video: All about MakeX, mBot and Makeblock
EXPERIENCE mBOTS: Come see and play with mBots and other Makeblock products:
Come get your hands dirty and experience the robotic platforms used in MakeX! TechLabs is pleased to announce the recent partnership with Ecolint and Makeblock for a designated “Makeblock Demo space” at the Ecolint STEM Centre. Please contact TechLabs and we can arrange for a free demonstration of all products and allow you to see how these robotic platforms will blow your mind!
TRAINING: CLASSES AND WORKSHOPS
For young competitors:
TechLabs offers young students both classes and workshops to learn and develop skills with the various MakeX robotics platforms. To learn more:
MakeX Robotics Labs learning:
MakeX BootCamps: Specific “bootcamp” workshop events to brush up and hone your skills:
If your institution would like to teach students the necessary skills to participate in MakeX program events, TechLabs can help. MakeX Robotics is an effective STEAM learning platform compliant with most global educational mandates. TechLabs offers multi-day instructor training programs that include technical and rules training, curriculum information and necessary materials that will enable you to successfully prepare student teams to be MakeX competition ready! For more information please contact TechLabs.
Practice Locations (new for 2020): TechLabs is expanding the number of locations around Switzerland where prospective competitors can practice and develop their skills related to MakeX competitions. We will be updating this site with locations where students can come to practice in official competition arenas.
Demonstration Spaces: Throughout the year TechLabs will be hosting “Demo Days”, events where people of all ages can come to experience MakeX! This site will be updated with dates and locations for such events, stay tuned!
Online resources and references about MakeX and Makeblock will be updated frequently on this site. Please check back for the latest updates!
Preparation and awareness of competition rules and guidelines are important when participating in MakeX events. To prepare competitors, mentors and parents, download the Technical Guidelines and Competition Guidelines for each MakeX program.
2019 MakeX City Guardian Competition Guide V1.1*
2019 MakeX City Guardian Technical Guide V1.2*
These documents provide important information regarding the competitions to allow for fun, fair and competitive games. They should be well read and understood by all participants prior to competition day.
* Due to various limitations caused by the Coronavirus pandemic, Swiss competitions will be following the 2019 competition format.